As a Leeward CC student, staff, or faculty member, you have access to most of the items in all of the UH-system libraries. You should place a "hold" if you want to:
- Borrow an item from your campus' library and have it "held" for you at the Circulation Desk until you can pick it up.
- Borrow an item from another UH-system library and have it delivered to your home campus.
- Ensure that an item currently checked out will be available to you upon its return. (For high-demand items, you may be put on a waiting list)
How to Place a Hold
- Go to our Library Catalog.
- Log in to your library account. Click Sign in (top-right of the page) then select UH Login (UH username login). You will be redirected to the UH login screen. Enter your UH username and password.
- Search for the item you want.
- Place a hold/request.
Items at Leeward CC Library
Go to the Get It section and click Request Specific Copy.
Items from another UH library
Go to the GET FROM OTHER LIBRARIES section
Select the institution you would like to receive this item from. (Some institutions will have multiple copies and/or locations).
Click Request Specific Copy.
- A Request form will appear on the screen.
- Select Pickup Institution (Leeward Community College, etc.)
- Select Pickup location (Leeward CC Library, Leeward CC Waianae Moku, etc.)
- Not needed after [Pickup Date] (Optional)
- Enter a Comment (Optional)
- Click Send Request
- If the request was successful, you will receive this message:
- Items arrive within 7-10 business days.
- An email notification will be sent letting you know it's ready for pick-up.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Circulation Desk at (808) 455-0210 or email email@example.com