Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
College HomeLibrary Home
Close Menu

Contact Us

Frequently-Asked Questions

Can I use my print account at other campuses? Can I use my copy or print card from another campus at Leeward CC?
You can use your Leeward CC print account at the Waiʻanae Moku Education Center. You cannot use it at any other UH campus, or use another campus' copy/print card at Leeward CC. This is because the print management systems in place don't allow us to reconcile printing expenses between campuses. For more information, please go to our print instructions page.  
Can I buy or sell my textbooks at the library?
No, textbook sales, rentals, and buy-backs are handled by the campus bookstore. You can call them at 455-0205.
Can I borrow my textbooks from the library?
In many cases, no. The library generally does not purchase textbooks to add to its collection, because they change frequently, and cost more than our book budget can bear. Instructors sometimes place copies of textbooks that they own into the Reserve collection, so they can be used in the library or for a few days. Please see the Course Reserves page for a list of these materials.
Can you tell me what my textbooks are?
We cannot, but the campus bookstore has a tool on its website to look up your course's textbooks.
Can I borrow books and videos from other UH libraries?
In most cases, yes. You can borrow books and videos at other campuses, and can also request that materials from other UH libraries be brought in for pickup at the Leeward CC Library or at the Waiʻanae Moku Education Center. For more information about requesting materials, see the intra-system loans page.
Can I return books and videos borrowed from other libraries to the Leeward CC Library? Can I return my Leeward CC Library books and videos to other libraries?
You can return most items borrowed from a library of the University of Hawaiʻi system to any other UH system library. Exception: Audiovisual items borrowed from the Wong AV Center at Sinclair Library on the UH-Mānoa campus should be returned directly to them. You cannot return our books to non-UH libraries, or return non-UH system books to us.
How do I access the wireless network?
Connect to the system named "LEE". Start a web browser to view the login screen for the wireless system, and log in with your UH username and password. See the Information Technology Group's wireless page for more information, including how to register your personally-owned devices for wireless access without having to log in. Or you can go directly to the Wireless Passthrough page to register your personal computers and devices.
Can I use the Mac Pro computers with the dual monitors upstairs by the Diamond Head stairwell?
Those are for the exclusive use of students in the Digital Media and TV Production programs. They were placed here after their previous facility became unavailable. The library has no control over those computers.
Why can't I access the research databases available to students and faculty at UH-Mānoa?
For most commercially-produced databases, subscription fees are based on the number of students at a campus. Therefore, the cost of a multi-campus subscription is much higher than for a single-campus subscription. As a fiscal necessity, there are many databases that are only licensed for use by one or a few campuses. Students and faculty at non-subscribing campuses are not eligible to use these databases.
I returned my overdue book. Why are you still charging me a $10 lost item processing fee?
When a borrowed item is long overdue, we can't know for sure if it will ever be returned. At some point, we have to assume that the item is lost forever, and begin the process of purchasing a replacement item. Our policy is to declare an item lost once the maximum fine has accrued (which for most books, takes 40 days). We charge a lost item processing fee, in addition to the cost of the item, to pay for the process of searching for, ordering, and preparing the replacement item to be added to our collection. Some or all of that work is often already done by the time a long-overdue item is returned. Therefore, we don't waive or refund the processing fee.
Can I download e-books into my portable reader device (iPad, Nook, Kindle, etc.) from the Leeward CC Library, like I can from the public library?
ProQuest Ebook CentralEBSCOhost eBook Collection, and Overdrive allow downloading to Windows and Mac computers with free Adobe® Digital Editions software installed, and you can transfer e-books from your computer to many types of ADE-compatible e-reader devices. You can also directly download e-books into devices with iOS and Android apps. Downloaded e-books are viewable for a limited period of time. ProQuest and EBSCO also allow you to download portions of books as non-expiring PDF files. See the user guides for Ebook CentralEBSCO eBooks, and Overdrive for more information.

If you are looking to download classic works of literature, check out Project Gutenberg, which provides electronic versions of thousands of public-domain books in various formats compatible with different e-readers.
Who can use the library?
Anyone is welcome to come to the library and use library materials inside the building. To borrow library materials, request materials from other UH libraries, use a group study room, or use the wireless network, you need to be a UH student, staff, or faculty member. Members of the general public can get limited borrowing privileges by purchasing a Community Borrower card (more information on services available to the public). Only Leeward CC students, staff, and faculty can use our online research databases outside of the library.
Do you carry tax forms?
We no longer receive state or federal tax forms and publications. You may download State of Hawaiʻi tax forms and publications from the Department of Taxation and federal forms and publications from the Internal Revenue Service. If you use library computers to download and print these forms, you will need to pay for your printouts.
Do you carry voter registration forms?
Irregularly. You can also download the form from the Office of Elections.
Do you carry bus schedules?
We normally do not. You might find some in the Student Lounge on the second floor of the Campus Center building. You can find bus schedules on Oʻahu Transit Services' website. Route 73 serves the Leeward CC Pearl City campus, and you can download the timetable and route map. You can view our Bus Arrival Times page for real-time projected arrival times at the Leeward CC campus bus stop and the nearby Farrington Highway bus stops.
Why is the library always so cold?
The library is kept a particular temperature to control mold and insects, both very harmful to books. We recommend bringing a sweater or jacket if you plan to stay in the library for any length of time.
Can I eat in the library?
Covered beverages and snack-type foods are allowed throughout most of the library, with some exceptions. Please see the full Food and Drink Policy for details.
Where is room LC-108 (or L-108)?
Where is room LC-116 (or L-116)?
Where is the ITV room in the Library (or Learning Commons) building?
If you are taking a class over the university's Interactive Television system, you might be told that your class is in room L-108, L-108A, L- 108B, L-116, LC-108, LC-116, or the ITV room. These all refer to small classroom/studio rooms inside the Educational Media Center on the ground floor of the Learning Commons building (formerly known as the Library building). This is the level below the library. Enter the EMC through the hallway in the middle of the east (Diamond Head) side of the building. The EMC entrance is room LC-116, so you may see signs directing you to LC-116 on the outside of the building.
Where is room LC-102 (or L-102)?
LC-102 is a computer classroom on the ground floor of the Learning Commons building (formerly known as the Library building). This is the level below the library. It is on the west (ʻEwa) side of the building.
Where is the bathroom?
There are men's and women's restrooms on both floors. Men's restrooms are next to the stairs on the east side of the building, women's restrooms are next to the stairs on the west side of the building. There is an all-gender restroom on the first floor (below the library) of the Learning Commons building, next to the elevator.
Regular Library Hours
General Information: (808) 455‑0210
Reference Support: (808) 455‑0379